Thursday, March 22, 2007

I know that I am not the only one. I have encouragement from someone who doesn't even know he gave it.

I am used to the hard road. I have gone against the current pretty much all of my life. I don't ask for controversy. It finds me. I don't ask for strife. It happens. I have sometimes tried to avoid any controversy and was actively seeking to keep away from it. It didn't matter.

Today's little episode is just one amongst many. I have many more thoughts on the topic, but have refrained from saying all that I think. Some of it is pretty blunt but true, and I don't want to lay some things out. I will keep a few thoughts internalized, because I don't want those things to be released. Someone may get hurt if I do verbalize or write it out. I don't mean someone's feelings. I mean for real, and not by me.

I do take comfort in some things. I was at a friend's house this evening doing the "tech support" thing. Sometimes computers are wonderful to have. Other times, they are a serious PITA and worthy of having all sorts of four letter words directed at them. Anyway, while there, my friend had his radio on. That is normal at his house. Sean Hannity's program was on WPTF in the background. Hannity has a "Hate Hannity Hotline" where people can call and leave all sorts of negative feedback. I have one, too. Every so often, Sean plays a montage of the hateful comments left for him by liberals and those who are obviously not his fans. I am used to that, too. I have my critics.

I should not be amazed at hateful comments from people, especially from those who claim to be followers of Christ. I realize that they are human and often walk in the flesh. Some I know pretty much fail to retain God in their knowledge and have a totally secular walk. Others are merely judgemental yet maintain a "spiritual cloak". Cloaks are easy to see through.

After listening to a few minutes of Hannity's show and hearing the hateful comments, I was a bit more encouraged. I often console myself in this verse:
Matthew 5:11 "Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."

That verse is applicable, since it is true in this case. There were several patently false assertions in the offending email. That man either spoke falsely in an attempt to be malicious or from sheer ignorance. Either way, he reviles me and said evil against me falsely. I am getting more and more used to it over the years. It gets old, though.

No comments: