Sunday, March 05, 2006

Latest musings

Teresa and I have been dealing with having head colds all week. I started before she did, on Monday or so. All week, I have been congested, tired, and generally feeling like dog squeeze. I have not been able to get any rest the entire work week. My work phone kept ringing incessantly starting first thing in the morning. I attempted getting a little rest a few days, but those plans were dashed quickly with more phone calls and the need to work long hours.

Teresa started a few days later. It seems that she may have gotten hit a little harder than I did, I don't know. Maybe I just deal with it easier. We have had two humidifiers going, been taking losenges, vitamin C, anti-congestants, Nyquil, nasal spray, etc.

Yesterday, I ran out of the nasal spray I had on hand. I went to the local CVS to get more. Also, I decided to break down and get some Sudafed, or a generic pseudephedrine based decongestant. Though Sudafed works well for me, I was hesitant to get any since the North Carolina General Assembly stupidly passed a law requiring that such products no longer be available on store shelves. They have to be kept behind the pharmacy counter for now on. Anyone wanting pseudephedrine based products now have to show ID, their name and address logged, and the customer sign a log for the purchase.

In their infinite wisdom, the legislators in NC have decided that if you have harder access to those products, it will cut down on methanphedamine lab production. Illegal meth labs seem to be an issue, and they surmise that since pseudephedrine can be used in the production of meth, that making it difficult to obtain by average citizens and registering who purchased cold remedies will help catch drug dealers.

Treating average customers like the criminal element, causing an embarassment, and logging who has a cold in records accessible by government agencies is NOT the answer. This will not deter illegal drug labs any more than gun laws prohibit criminals from using guns illegally. Like gun control laws, it only inconveniences law abiding citizens and invades their privacy.

-------------------

I am continually amazed by how liberals think. I was involved in several discussions online about South Dakota and now Mississippi trying to pass anti-abortion laws. Liberals love baby killing. Real men with real morals stand against the slaughter of innocent children. Anyone who claims to be a Christian has an especially strong duty to oppose abortion and protect innocent life.

I am not necessarily talking about picketing clinics or bombing baby murdering doctors. I am talking about voting properly, telling the truth, witnessing about the love of Christ for His creation, and making your voice heard to those who need the truth on the topic.

I find it funny that liberals will demand statistics when you claim that the majority of Americans do not support abortion and would prefer to see it abolished. When given that information, it is dismissed as propaganda and they play semantics attempting to debunk the info. I have seen the same in discussions of creation versus evolution.

The hypocritical thing is that I was arrogantly just told that I am being intellectually dishonest by equating abortion with infanticide. The funny thing is that the very definition of infanticide is the killing of an infant. The more I deal with liberal paradigms, the more I tend to agree with Michael Savage that liberalism is a mental disorder.

No comments: