Thursday, March 16, 2006

Selma happenings


I was reading in today's Selma News about the new mosque that will be built on Lizzie Street. Supposedly, it will not be a true mosque. It is supposedly going to be a shelter for the destitute, a college, a medical clinic, and a prayer building. I don't mind people who actually claim to be part of a peaceful religion doing peaceful and benevolent things. I do, however, still distrust Islam as a whole. The Koran is full of passages regarding killing "infidels". Just check out web sites like this one for reference regarding Islam, and that will pretty much sum up much of my feelings on the subject.

I see that the town is finally starting to cut down old oak trees and repair sidewalks in town. There was an article on that in the paper. I can only assume that this comes from people in charge of town government who realize the problem themselves rather than having read my rants on this blog in the past. I am looking forward to the dangerous sidewalk in front of my house get repaired. I used to perform safety inspections for a living. I would have to fail the sidewalks in town for safety issues, if I was still doing this. LIABILITY issues could cost the town more money than they would ever spend repairing sidewalks.

If you don't subscribe to "The Selma News", get a copy of this week's paper to read the opinion page, if nothing else. I found the reader opinions interesting, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. I am glad to see more citizens writing to the editor lately.

No comments: