Monday, June 12, 2006

A message that I have had on my heart for years


I may disagree with many of the preachers you see on television regularly, but I sure do know when I do agree with a message they preach. One topic that has been of importance to me is the relationship between the Church and Israel. Christianity is, in reality, a Jewish religion. That may not settle well with a lot of people I know, but the roots are undeniable.

I do not, however, believe that we have the same covenant that God had with Israel. We have a better covenant, established upon better promises. God is not done with the nation of Israel. Some think that their time on earth as God's people is over and that the church has replaced Israel. That teaching is common among many Catholics and in The Latter Rain Movement amongst Protestants. I have been around many of the "Kingdom Now", "Dominion", and replacement theologians in the past.

I do believe that the nation of Israel is still the key to end time prophecy. I believe that is the reason why they are so hated by many. They have been possibly the most enslaved and persecuted group on the planet.

In a discussion with an angry, Jew hating Catholic, I was called a "Zionist", which was used in a negative connotation. In its strictest sense, you could say that I am one, if you take the definition in Wikipedia as accurate. "Zionism is a political movement and ideology that supports a homeland for the Jewish people in the Land of Israel, where the Jewish nation originated over 3,200 years ago and where Jewish kingdoms and self-governing states existed up to the 2nd century." I have no problem with that concept. However, the anti-semite (who denied being one) did not mean the comment in a positive manner whatsoever.

A month or two ago, I was channel scanning and heard a message that I agreed with and decided that I had to record. John Hagee is one of the few television ministers from whom I am able to receive "spiritual manna". I may not agree with him on many points, but I do agree with him on many others. I caught a message he gave on TV that dealt with anti-semitism.

I decided to record the repeat of that broadcast, which came on another network later in the day. I was able to catch it on DVR and capture the audio portion relevant to the topic. I have uploaded it in Real Audio format to my web site. You will need the free Real Audio Player in order to hear the audio. If you would prefer mp3, email me and I will upload the file to you or get you a CD copy. Click on the Real logo to hear the 12 minute audio clip.

No comments: