Monday, April 03, 2006

I am saddened for Jesse

It is always sad to see when a man or woman suffers from Alzheimer's. I have seen it before in family members and in visits to rest homes. It is something that I personally hope I never have to endure. People losing their identities, their memories, their congnitive abilities because of a cruel disease is indeed a sad thing to witness. I was doing my morning news read earlier and found this story. I find it especially sad that (in my opinion) one of the best representatives that North Carolina has ever had in the U.S. Senate is suffering from dimensia. I feel this way not just for him, but for others in his condition, as well. Family members often are left with the feeling of helplessness while watching their loved ones slip further into mental darkness. It about makes me weep.

No comments: