Tuesday, January 08, 2013

An ignorant fool or media whore?

So, the mayor of Morrisville, NC wants their new Gander Mountain store (which I love) to stop selling semi-automatic rifles.  This is pursuant to the recent shooting in Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.  I guess she missed the story that said that the Bushmaster .223 AR15 rifle was in the trunk of the car and was never actually used in the shooting.

It's no secret that I am a gun enthusiast and a fan of Gander Mountain, for the most part.  I have bought camping supplies and ammunition from them and the new store in Morrisville has a 9mm pistol I have been eyeballing at a decent price.

Sadly, people like Jackie Holcombe are well intentioned but are extremely ignorant about what constitutes an assault weapon, about firearms in general, and fail to acknowledge that it is PEOPLE who do violence, not the tool itself.  If this is not the case, perhaps the mayor is simply looking for some public attention.  My AR15 has never shot anything that I have not aimed at and pulled the trigger.

Here is the story.

No comments: