Friday, May 05, 2006

Sometimes, I really hate death

SUGARBABY
June 7, 1996 to May 5, 2006


Just within the last hour or so, our dog, Sugarbaby, passed away. She was just short of ten years old.

She has been getting weak the past few days, has not been eating much, has no energy, refuses her favorite foods, and earlier tonight was just laying like a rag doll. She was barely breathing. She had bad allergies in years past, but knew a lot of love.

It was sad to see her in such a weakened condition. It seemed to hit suddenly. It seems like it was just recently that we brought home this tiny puff ball of fur from the breeder. She died in Teresa's lap with both of us petting and praising her. It is raining outside right now, so I won't get to bury her tonight. Hopefully, it will be clear enough weather tomorrow for burial.

I hate that we live in a corrupted world where people and animals have to die. I am so looking forward to the day when the Lord restores all things.

She was a good dog. I shall miss her. Though she was a lot older than this picture and she had a lot of gray around her muzzle, I will always remember as she is in this picture.

No comments: