Friday, May 05, 2006

Still not a great evening.

Teresa is sitting in the living room holding a pet carrier that contains a dead dog. It is already weird not having her around. I am sure that I will grow used to not having her here. I am sure that Teresa will get used to it, as well. Right now, she is mourning, as it has only been a few hours.

A piece of equipment locked up at work. I rebooted the computer remotely, but it yielded the same results that we were having before on reboot. Our tech support was convinced as to the problem's solution earlier this week. I told him that his proposed solution would not work. Tonight, I was proven right. He is working on a computer over the network. I can see everything that he is doing through the network and video streaming. I was watching for issues and found one. Hey, that is what I get paid to do. I don't want to say, "I told you so", but this guy was pretty insistant that his proposed solution would work. I knew better. He has been working on the issue for nearly 45 minutes and not solved it yet.

I am trying out a new keyboard and mouse on the computer. At work, there was a surplus ergonomic keyboard and mouse. We got new equipment recently with new keyboards and mice, so these were just sitting around. Since my home is my office, a manager handed them to me after I expressed an interest in them. I have never had an ergonomic keyboard before. It takes a little getting used to. For the first minute or so, I made a lot of typos, not being used to the layout differential. I still make a few (just as I always have). Overall, so far, so good. The mouse does not move, but uses a track ball and scroll ring on the top with buttons on the sides. It is not as responsive going sideways as the optical mouse I just took out, but I will get used to its operation as time goes by.

I already miss Sugarbaby. She was a great dog.

No comments: