Friday, August 04, 2006

One dead, toasty, old truck



I don't have any real pictures of my truck except for the ones we took during the last campaign season. It's dead now. A friend of mine borrowed the truck for a bit since theirs died and needs a head gasket replacement. This morning, it caught fire and totaled the truck. I haven't seen it yet, but I am told that the entire engine compartment was fully involved and it even melted into the dashboard.

My friend was able to salvage all of my personal stuff from the truck. I have already been on the phone with the insurance company and the towing company. By Monday, I may have an insurance settlement and then perhaps look into a new vehicle.

This is just one more thing in a string of events this week. I am not upset about this. I am not happy, but not upset, either. Stuff happens. I just hate that it happened to a good friend of mine who has been in tears all morning about it. She was very apologetic to me, as if it was her fault. I tried to console her, letting her know it wasn't her doing, she just happened to be the unfortunate one driving the truck at the time. I actually hate it for her more so than for me.

I would love to be able to afford a new truck, but I don't know that I will be able to get another one. Time will tell.

No comments: