Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wow, it's Wednesday already

I haven't had much I wanted to write about the past several days. I am not sure why. I have seen a few topics that may have deserved commentary, but I have not felt like writing. That is the beauty of a blog. I write what I want and when I want.

One thing that is on my mind is zoning regulations and ordinances. Zoning can be a good thing when employed properly. Sometimes it is counter productive and inappropriately injures citizens. An example that I just read about is in northern Virginia. Houses there are required to be under a certain height.

The enforcement of seemingly arbitrary regulations are hurting new home owners and builders. The fact that the town issued permits for home construction that violate regulation apparently does not matter. People are having to redo construction that has either been finished or underway to comply with local regulations. That is just plain ridiculous, a travesty, and irresponsible on the part of the local governing body. It would be the same injustice here, should it ever happen that way, especially when we are trying to encourage more home ownership and an increased tax base.

Here is the article on what I am writing about.

No comments: