Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ripping off the system

I have had this happen to me several times in my life. I was standing in line at a grocery store during lunch break today. Ahead of me was a woman checking out, paying with WIC vouchers. Here she was dressed in a work outfit/suit. She had a cell phone with Bluetooth headset, and had just purchased one of the best toasters and cookware in the Wal-Mart store. They were already in her basket, paid for. Then she bought the most expensive juices in the store and baby formula with WIC vouchers. I get real tired of paying for others to eat. Sure, I can afford all that I have, and have money to spare. I was buying some stuff I wanted rather than needed, in addition to some stuff I had need of, and I can afford to do so. That is my prerogative. What irritates me is that someone who had on nice clothes, nice jewelry, bought better kitchen appliances than I own, and can afford a cell phone plan with wireless headset is suckling off the government teat at the expense of the taxpayers. Multiply this by millions of sucklers and we as a nation are being milked for every penny we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but those teets dispense VOTES from the ignorant! The heroin of politics, tax dollars!