Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Praying for rain

I know that it has been almost a week since I posted a blog entry. I have saved some story links for commentary, but have just not felt like writing. Anyway, here is a story I found amusing and figured I would share, anyway. Personally, I think it is a great idea.

From The Rocky Mountain News:
Focus on the Family Action pulled a video from its Web site today that asked people to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" during Barack Obama's Aug. 28 appearance at Invesco Field at Mile High to accept the Democratic nomination for president.

Stuart Shepard, director of digital media at Focus Action, the political arm of Focus on the Family, said the video he wrote and starred in was meant to be "mildly humorous."

But complaints from about a dozen Focus members convinced the organization to pull the video, said Tom Minnery, Focus Action vice president of public policy.

"If people took it seriously, we regret it," Minnery said Monday.

No comments: