Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Something I wish would be changed

From the Town of Selma's official web site: "The Town Council of Selma is comprised of four Council members and the Mayor. The Mayor is elected to a two-year term and the Council members are elected to four year, staggered terms. They are elected "at-large" and they represent everyone in the town."

I wrote earlier about the idea that the Town Council is elected "at large". For a while I have pondered whether this is a good idea or not. I tend to think not. West Selma has no representation on the Council. The sentiment of frustration over lack of representation has been expressed to me before. The county is considering district elections for school board. Some people are realizing the merits thereof. So how about Selma?

No comments: