Friday, October 28, 2005

Something you won't find on the WMPM web site

I spoke with the Johnston County Board of Elections today. I was in the court house to renew my Notary Public commission and stopped by the Board of Elections office to follow up on the aforementioned issue of advertising with WMPM. All that is known at present is that the State Board of Elections has attempted to contact the radio station to investigate and that no return communication has happened as yet.

All I wanted to know is if the proposed exchange of funds would be legal or not. I had no intention of spurring a full investigation into an honest mistake. Drawing a candidate into covering up a mistake, however, is not appropriate. Hence, my seeking counsel as to whether it was legal to do so. Either way, I hadn't intended for it to go this far.

I guarantee that this would most likely never have happened with any other candidate. This is the story of my life.

No comments: