Friday, December 16, 2005

Pains and a pain in the butt

Wow, it has been over ten days since I last posted. There isn't a whole lot to write about, really.

My back is still rather tender from pulling it, as I wrote in a previous blog entry. At least it is not as sharp as before. It is more of a continuous dull (but sometimes strong) ache. Sometimes, I can get out and do some raking in the yard, which will stretch out my back and that helps for a little while. I have to quit before I go overboard with it, though. A few days after the injury, I was doing well. Then, about a week ago, it started hurting pretty bad again. I still feel it whenever I walk or stand up for any period of time. Even sitting, my lower back gets uncomfortable after a while. At least it isn't as bad as it was at first. I can deal with this degree of discomfort.

I find it amazing how some people can be so blind and yet vociferous about it. There is one person on the internet who has made it his personal goal in life to harass, belittle, and argue with me. The reason? I disagree with his staunch views on evolution. The man is a pipeline worker in California who happens to share one common interest with me, thus we are both on the same message board. He seems to have little gun knowledge, since he rarely spends any time posting on the gun fora. Instead, he hangs out a lot in the general discussion area and looks for opportunities to inject his liberal bias and secular humanist views.

Anyone who disagrees with him is labeled as arrogant, narrow minded, and intolerant. That is typical liberal thought. The bizarre thing is that in so doing, they exceed the very accusations they make. This man is right in the liberal train of thought. It is fine for him to take shots at anyone who disagrees with "scientific evidence" and call them names, but of course we all know that he can't possible be the same. Why is that? I would say human nature, but that is not true. It is carnal nature, instead.

He tries to goad me into arguments by posting evolutionary articles. Of course, these are true science. Nothing written by men who have the same scientific credentials and have a contrary opinion are considered, since they must be biased if they believe in creation.

I find it odd that a pipeline worker will make a challenge to me to provide just a dozen names of credible scientists who profess creation over evolution. He claims that nobody has ever been able to do that for him. I provided over 25. Then the shmuck back pedals and asked me to whittle down the list for him. I refused to do so, since he "pussed out". He then proceeded to label some as kooks and a few as credible. Yeah, a pipeline worker in Southern California is qualified to segregate scientists. Yup, that is the standard bearer.

Every time I write something contrary to his belief system (make no mistake...evolution is a religion. It is not sheer science. Actually, it is pseudo science. There are more holes in evolutionary theory that Swiss cheese.) this jerk will send me a private message and try to start an argument through PM. He calls me arrogant for having an opinion and standing by it. Apparently, he is not used to the idea of a man having convictions and having both the spine and the intelligence to back it up. He ridicules me incessantly, dismisses any validity, and has even gone into name calling, personal attacks, and cussing at me. He mistakes confidence for arrogance. The Apostle Paul was confident in the God he served. He personally knew the Jesus he followed. Oh, but it is arrogant for me to stand up the way Paul, Elijah, or other Biblical characters did.

I have volumes of scientific papers and articles on scientific creationism. I used to believe in evolution when I was young and stupid. I was closed minded. I ridiculed "religious" people. The difference is that I actually started to read the evidence and science about creation versus evolution.

Just the other day, I found an article that attacks evolutionary theory written by a weirdo that believes that humans were "seeded" here by extraterrestrial beings. The neat thing is that even people like that get it in regards to the farce of evolution. Of course, since I brought up how whackos are also aware of the scientific problems with evolution. When even the whackos are attacking evolution, you have got to realize that something is wrong with what you believe. Nope, I was lumped in with the author and must be a supporter of his. How out of context and stupid that thought is.

One thing about hypocrites is that they can not recognize it in themselves, but they will sure bash others about arrogance. They are often guilty of the very things they accuse others of, making them, well, hypocrites. Jesus had no problem pointing out hypocrisy. Neither do I.

I finally got tired of this man bashing me, cussing at me, and just plain being a putz. I finally put him on ignore, meaning that none of his posts or private messages will show up when I visit that site. I am sure that he has belittled that action openly, but I won't be reading it. He has shown how puny his thought process is. He has openly shunned any thoughts of God. I am going to do exactly what the Bible says. I have been praying for him. I also refuse to allow him to personally insult me.

He has a marginal understanding of religion, which is obvious from his writings. He can not understand spiritual things, and I was told that would be the case ahead of time. Knowing that, I attempted to deal on a logical and para-scientific level. Nope, I must be a religious, ignorant bigot. If I have faith to believe God, I must be arrogant. Whatever. I just know my redeemer and what he has promised.

No comments: