Saturday, December 17, 2005

Pistol come and pistol go


Last night, I found a good deal on a .45 auto pistol. Regardless of what many critics say, I have found Hi-Point guns to be reliable and accurate. They may be less expensive than most guns, but that doesn't mean less quality in this case. Hi-Points may not be the prettiest guns around, but they are reliable none the less. I already own two other Hi-Points, so I picked up this one knowing that it would be a good purchase. Hi-Point also has the best customer service that I have ever experienced from any company, bar none. They have a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. Whether you are the first or 101st owner, the warranty is unconditional. I bought a used carbine rifle a while back. I sent it in for a full inspection. The factory reconditioned it, gave me two new magazines, a sling and swivels, a manual, and paid for the return shipping. Awesome service.

I found the .45 at Four Seasons Sports in Goldsboro, which is where I have purchased before. This particular gun was $40 below MSRP, which is what I have seen elsewhere. I have even seen $100 over MSRP.

A friend of mine has been wanting to buy a gun for a while. I picked this one up with him in mind. I figured that if he was interested in it, I would have a new one on hand at a good price. If not, I had an addition to my collection.

I took him to the gun range today for the second time. He is really getting to enjoy shooting. After firing just a few rounds of .45 through the new pistol, he turned to me, smiled, and said, "I like!" He now has himself a new pistol.

No comments: