Thursday, October 05, 2006

The last few days

I have got to go and get some sleep. I have to be in Charlotte tomorrow for a lunch meeting. I did not know until this afternoon that I had to go there. I have a problem getting to sleep before 1 AM. Sometimes later.

I took Teresa to the Wayne County Agricultural Fair this evening. It was the first time we ever went. It was your average small county fair with a full midway, food vendors, rides, games, etc. There were more food vendors than I was used to seeing for a small fair. Though I wanted to support one of the church or fire department food booths, none of them had what I go to a fair to get. They all had hamburgers, hotdogs, and the like. I was more in the mood for a Polish or Italian sausage with onions and peppers. That is more like "fair food" to me.

Teresa rode a few rides, played a few games, and won a stuffed animal. I played one game repeatedly and won nothing. I didn't go on any rides but did walk around and talk to some Kiwanis Club members, look at 4-H displays, arts, crafts, and had dinner.

------------------

Last night we got a knock on the door and it turned out to be our next door neighbor. Yesterday morning, some punks spray painted their house and vehicle. They have a grudge against one of her daughters and vandalized the house and car. So far, they were able to clean the graffiti off the car and were powerwashing the house clean.

At first, I thought that I had started a trend. I power washed my house, concrete, and fence. I still have more to do. A neighbor across the street then did his walkway. Yesterday, I saw my neighbors having their house powerwashed. As it turned out, it was to remove graffiti.

I half expected that it would be my house that got vandalized, considering my writings online and in the paper about illegal immigration and a few other issues that may be touchy with some people. Thankfully, nothing like that has happened.

I will pay more attention to the neighbor's property so that I can help either stop or report problems quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"living la vida loca"