Saturday, October 28, 2006

Well, this sucks

I got to bed real late last night, having spent some time with friends until early AM. My phone rang at 9AM when a friend called and wanted to go to the gun range. It looks like I was going to have to decline, since I have to fix a problem at work even though I am not working today. I got on the computer, was doing my morning thing, and my doorbell rang. I got to the door and nobody was there.

I stepped outside, looked around, and saw my cat, Fluffernutter, laying dead in the street. I immediately came inside and heard my cell phone ringing. It was my neighbor telling me about the cat. I told her I just saw it and would be out in a minute. I woke up Teresa and we all went outside. I picked her up out of the road. She was flat and limp. She had been run over lengthwise and she was crushed down but not stiff. It had obviously happened recently. I just finished burying her. Teresa is sitting in the back yard swing where Fluff would sit with us regularly and is mourning her death.

Fluff was a great cat. I really liked her a lot. For three years or more, she came to us, crossed that same street safely, and would visit inside from time to time. She would never stand for being left inside, though. She was probably abandoned and we were available to feed and love her. She sure knew love and had a lot of friends in the neighborhood. I will miss her.

I assume that she was run over accidentally. If I ever find out otherwise, someone is going to taste a bit of wrath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, bro