Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hanging out with a 5 year old

This morning, I got the pleasure of witnessing something from a five year old boy. He has a keyboard given to him for his birthday by his grandmother. It has a plug in microphone to sing along with the keyboard. This morning, he plugged in the mic and started banging away on the keys and broke into song. He kept singing, "I saw God today. I saw God today." It is a line from a song by George Strait. I asked him if he saw God yesterday and if he was going to see him again tomorrow. He had no answer. He just went back to singing the line, "I saw God today" over and over. Then he stopped and said, "Just one more song then y'all can leave church!" I have no idea where he got that, but I was thoroughly amused. Then he immediately started singing "I'm to sexy for my shirt, to sexy for my shirt!" by Right Said Fred, and even made up some lyrics like, "and I don't have my shirt any more because my grandma took it". I have never heard that song in church before. That gave me my laugh for the day.

No comments: