Monday, January 30, 2006

Feeling a little better

This weekend, I felt lower than whale dung. I don't know what the issue was, but I was having abdominal pain whenever I hiccupped, burped, or breathed deeply. I didn't have a bowel movement in about 48 hours, I was up almost every other hour Friday night into Saturday and every hour Saturday night. I had no energy. On Saturday, I kept napping in my living room chair, but couldn't nap at all on Sunday. Even laying in bed, I was hurting when I breathed when laying on my side. It made sleep a bit difficult. I researched abdominal issues on Web MD and read that most adbominal pain does not require medical attention, though intestinal blockage may. Signs of intestinal blockage included the inability to have a bowel movement. It took almost 48 hours, but I did have a small one (I know, more information than you wanted) and did have gas, so I figured that may not be the issue. Just to be on the safe side, I tried some mineral oil for instestinal lubricant (I usually use it for lubricant, but not for intestines). For several days prior, I felt like I had a low grade fever and was tiring easily, but working long hours anyway.

This morning, I did feel better. I am not so tired, I am not in the dull pain I had earlier, at least not so much when I have gas or a hiccup. I actually feel like I can go to work. I was planning on a sick day if I felt the same way as I did this weekend.

I don't know if it was a "bug" or whatever. I have never had a sickness that felt quite like this before. I hope I continue to feel better.

No comments: