Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It is amazing how petty some people can be

Here is yet more proof that you can not please everybody. I got a complainer about my web site that just amazes me.

Why is The New American site listed as a news source ? It's a political web site not a legitimate news agency.
Thanks, G


My reply was simply: Because I felt like it, and it is after all, my web site. By the way, you will often times find news items there not found elsewhere. Hence, its inclusion. If you don't like that section, don't read it.

Of course, that is not good enough for a complainer. He wrote back: Nice,,,, I guess I'll pass on your website completely. Since it's your website you can sit there and read it all by yourself.

I had this to respond with: One thing that I learned a long time ago is that you can't please everyone. No matter what you do, right or wrong, you are going to piss somebody off about something...even something as petty as this. Petty people are annoyed by petty things. I guess that every site on the internet should build their web sites to your exact specifications in order to please you, then? Or should people actually have the freedom to make their own creations in the manner they see fit? To "pass on [the] web site completely" because you don't like five lines of one page is truly petty. That is like saying that you don't want the seven course meal because you don't like the brand of whipped cream on the strawberry shortcake. Forget the prime rib, salad, and rest of the meal laid out for you, because you are annoyed over whipped cream. Intelligent.

No comments: