Monday, February 06, 2006

Yeah, it has been a few days

I took several days off from blogging. I thought about writing a few things. Maybe I will make quick mention of them.

1. The riots by Muslims over a cartoon...a freakin cartoon! Get over it. They use the Bible as toilet paper while occupying a Christian church and they flip over a political cartoon. And people wonder why I despise Islam and call it evil.

2. The Superbowl...YAWN! The ads were lame. The game was boring. Once the Patriots and the Panthers were both knocked out of the playoffs, I lost a lot of interest.

3. I was just reading in a New Hampshire newspaper online edition (yeah, I still read NH newspapers) about a town clerk wanting a pay raise. Here is what it says:
MANCHESTER - City Clerk Leo Bernier is again asking aldermen for a $4,500 raise to bring his position in line with other top officials.

Bernier, who now earns a $94,500 salary, has renewed a request based on a Human Resources Department analysis that found he's underpaid.


The median income in Manchester is under $41K a year. This man makes more than twice that already. Manchester has a population of 108,000. Getting almost $1 per resident is actually a better return than the $10 per resident that we pay here in Selma for a glorified secretary. The median income here in Selma is under $24,000 per person. We pay our town clerk 2.66 times the median income here.

3. Time to get back to work. I worked some late last night/early this AM. I still have things to go do.

No comments: