Thursday, August 11, 2005

One other person was in the story, but not reported

"The Selma News" had a more detailed story in some aspects of the late filing problems than did WMPM. However, WMPM had a few critical details I wanted to see.

I got a phone call from Jimmy Earp, a Selma resident who also filed for the town council election on Friday morning. We talked for quite some time this afternoon. He filed for election close to 8 AM, but also got caught up in the problem of the reported late filing. He decided to withdraw from the election rather than pursue the matter, which I can understand. He has a similar thought pattern to my own, in that neither of us want to see people be elected handily, without opposition. I got involved in order to be more a part of my community. It is a shame to see little participation in the election process.

No comments: