Sunday, August 07, 2005

This is just the sort of mindset I want to avoid and fight against

NY Candidate To Employ Exotic Dancers At Fundraiser

August 6, 2005 11:48 p.m. EST

Jasen K Lee - All Headline News Staff Reporter

New York, NY (AHN) – Leave it to a New York City political candidate to pull a stunt like this. Democrat Victor Bernace is planning a "Havana Night" campaign party next month at a Manhattan nightclub, complete with bikini-clad dancers and men wearing nothing but briefs.

He will charge twenty dollars per person for the event, which he claims, will be “a very erotic show”.

Bernace says, "I'm throwing a fun event. Most politicians - I've been to their fundraisers, and they are boring. People can go with a standard politician who will disappear into the woodwork. I'm trying to be part of the next generation."

Bernace is a Harvard-educated attorney who represents taxi drivers. He’s making his third bid for city council in northern Manhattan.
He isn’t too worried about offending potential voters. He even says it might help get younger men interested in politics, saying, "I'm not running for mayor in a small, old-time religious town in Utah. I'm running in New York City. I might as well try to energize a different base."

No comments: