Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Questionnaire from "The News and Observer"

It is on my list of things to do today to write in this blog. I have been planning the topics I want to write about and the personal questions I have gotten. I wanted to field them here. So, if you have one, feel free to email me and I will attempt to answer them here on the blog.

I got a questionnaire in the mail from Raleigh's "The News and Observer" for their upcoming voter's guide. I emailed them the answers to their questions in the format requested and included the photo that you see on the blog. So that there is no surprise, and so that we can document what I sent them and compare the final product to what I wrote, here are the questions and answers exactly as I submitted them in the exact format requested. The ONLY difference will be the hyperlinks that I have installed in some of my answers to allow you to navigate to the sources of my answers, should you wish.

------------------

OFFICE SOUGHT: Selma Town Council

NAME: Troy LaPlante

PARTY AFFILIATION: Republican

HOME: 505 West Anderson Street, Selma, NC 27576

HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVEN IN YOUR COMMUNITY: Selma: 3 years. Johnston County: 8 years. North Carolina: 17 years

BORN: Jacksonville, Florida July 2, 1968

FAMILY: Wife: Teresa

EDUCATION: Associate in Applied Science in Fire Protection, 1988
New Hampshire Technical College, Laconia, New Hampshire

OCCUPATION: Technical Services Coordinator, Time Warner Cable Media Sales

POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: First time seeking elected office.

CIVIC ACTIVITIES: Local fire department, 1982-1986, Franklin, NH
Johnston County Local Emergency Management Planning Committee, 2004-present
A lot of volunteer work over the years for different charities and church organizations

RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION: I fellowship with a diverse group of small home church, online, and church groups.

POLITICAL HERO: Ronald Reagan

FAVORITE MOVIES: "The Godfather" and "Patton"

TOP PRIORITY IF ELECTED: Ensure fiscal responsibility and accountability in town spending, operations, and growth planning.

HOW TO CONTACT: www.vote4troy.com troy@vote4troy.com 919-965-9695

No comments: