Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I HATE the law of sin and death

I truly hate that sin had to enter the world through Adam. If for no other reason than the one I just experienced, I detest it. We had a veterinarian appointment early this morning to get one of our cats looked at. He was my baby boy, the most affectionate towards me of the cats we have.

Morris had lost some weight recently. He hasn't eaten as much as normal and has been very much a loner. He also has had a bad ear mite problem, which we had been treating. We took him in today and the vet was alarmed at the fact that he was a bit more skinny than he liked. He cleaned out his ears, but the crud was not real dark. He was not so much concerned about the ear problem as his general health.

He took a blood sample for testing. Before running any other test, we had the feline leukemia test done. The test was positive. He was getting weak and exhibiting behavioral differences more because of the leukemia than anything else. It is not curable, but short term treatable. Since he was getting worse in health (cats hide sickness for quite some time before you would see it manifest) and would be increasingly infectious, we elected to not allow him to suffer and possible infect the others. So, we had Morris euthenized this morning. I just finished burying him a bit ago.

Both Teresa and I are heartbroken over this, and I have been holding back the emotional pain and tears. I still have to work today.

Here is my favorite picture of Morris together with Scottie, when Scott was a kitten. They both snuggled up together next to my shoes. Morris was a good older brother kitty to Scottie. He will be sorely missed.

No comments: