Monday, September 11, 2006

WTC and September 11th

A lot of press is being given to the Sept. 11 anniversary. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I am glad that we are remembering the occasion. More importantly, I am glad that people are being reminded that we have enemies in this world.

I watched the ABC movie, "The Path to 9/11" last night. Part 2 is on this evening. It is a factually based "docudrama". ABC was threatened by Bill Clinton and his camp if the movie was shown without editing out scenes that made his administration look bad. ABC executives had the guts to air the whole movie, anyway. The movie can be seen online here, as well.

I read some comments from liberals that said that this movie is just propaganda by right wing extremists. Sorry, but ABC isn't exactly a right wing organization. Facts are facts. ABC worked to base their dramatization on facts, not pure fiction, as Michael Moore tends to do.

I shared this photo several times in the past. I want to share it again. Over the past five years, there has been a lot of talk about rebuilding the World Trade Center. There have been artist renderings, memorials planned, and a lot of just plain hype. I do believe that there is an artist rendering for a proposed replacement WTC that I find the most appropriate. It gives the sentiment to Islamic fascist terrorists that WE ARE STILL HERE and are NOT GOING ANYWHERE. If only we had the guts to build this building with a message to those who oppose us.

No comments: