Thursday, January 03, 2008

First post of 2008, recovery efforts in progress

It has been a rough start to the new year. I am suffering from a common disease reportedly of Chinese origin. This comes as a result of a Christmas gift I was given. I got a cold from a four year old this Christmas. Last week I started the sniffles, followed by full head congestion, which lasted all weekend. By Tuesday, I was totally run down, had a full chest cold going, and my ribs hurt from coughing. I got an early bed time on Tuesday night, which really helped me for yesterday's return to work. I have been hacking up yellow and green slime from my lungs for days, sometimes more clear.

I used to get severe bronchitis and pneumonia each winter. This happened each and every winter for years. Fortunately for me, the past five years or so, I managed to escape the bronchitis thing and colds in general. I still got a few head colds, but nothing major. Today I got in to see my doctor who put me on an antibiotic, as much as I don't want to have to take one, and an inhaler to help open the lung passageways.

I am actually doing better as far as volume of phlegm and coughing both yesterday and today, but I typically have lingering bronchial infection after a chest cold. Hopefully this congestion and cold will go away soon.

No comments: