Monday, September 17, 2007

I am a Fanilow, but I think he's a moron about this one

A source tells TMZ that it's not Barry who's writing this song -- in fact, "View" producers pulled the plug on Manilow's performance when his people demanded that he appear on the show without Elisabeth. Manilow has in fact performed on the show twice before -- both last year -- when Hasselbeck's been co-hosting.

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her."
Barry, Barry, Barry...I love your songs. I think that you are one of the most prolific songwriters of the 20th Century. However, I think you are really off your rocker on this one. Elisabeth is the one bastion of sanity on "The View", not to mention eye candy. For the entire story, click here. For more that I wrote on Barry Manilow, click here.

No comments: