Friday, February 23, 2007

I am thinking about switching banks

My bank, Bank of America, has been in the news about starting a program to give credit cards to illegal aliens. One would not need a US Social Security number in order to get a card. Let a law abiding American show up and a Social Security number and credit check would be mandatory. That is just wrong. Not only does this encourage illegal immigration, it is aiding and abetting. Today, there is an article about the bank defending its plans.

In addition, a credit card is needed to book airfare. It is said that the credit limit will be only $500, so that there will be less risk. Well, it costs less than $500 to book many flights in this country. The 9/11 hijackers all booked airfare with credit cards somehow. If no proof of citizenship or identity is necessary, it is conceivable that this would be aiding and abetting a possible terrorist attack in this nation.

What really irks me about this is that it is just another way that people who are here ILLEGALLY are getting preferential treatment over this nation's citizens. It is happening with the US and Social Security, and now with financial institutions. I have no problem with the free market. I do have a problem with encouraging law breaking.

It about makes me want to withdraw all of my money from Bank of America. I have been doing business with them since about 1990, when the bank was still NCNB. Since I have lived in Johnston County, it has been difficult to continue using them. They only added a Clayton branch in the last several years, which is the only nearby branch. That is fifteen miles away. I love their online and free checking, and they have issued me a MasterCard (with SS# and credit check, thank you). After this pandering, I may just change my accounts.

No comments: