Monday, February 19, 2007

If I could afford it, I would

Once again, the Ham and Yam Festival naming rights are on ebay. If I could afford it, I would put my site, i9570.com in the bid war. I am, however, willing to help with promotion of the event on my site. I gave free space to it last year and am doing so right now on this blog. I would be interested in seeing my site logo at the festival, considering the region my site is meant to cover. The only problem is that my site is a non-profit site and was not meant to be a money making business. Thus far, that is exactly what it has been, and I don't plan on dumping a ton of money from my own pocket into a free public service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Troy... thanks for the coverage regarding the H&Y on eBay. Considering the amount of dollars spent in advertising, it is a pretty good deal for a company looking for great advertising. As I stated in my sponsorship solicitation letter, the DSDC will allocate approximately $50,000 towards paid and/or gifted television, radio, festival merchandise, and print media advertising in 2007.

As of this morning, the bidding has reached over $3,400. Still a far cry reserve but it is a fun way to add a little excitement to the festival. It would be great to have the ““laplantesrants” presents the 2007 Ham & Yam Festival” =)