Thursday, February 22, 2007

I would move for this


There are not too many things that would get me to move, and certainly not to Mississippi. However, this is one of them. If I could own a small radio station for just $70,000 and build it up, I would totally dig that.

Facility: 1kW AM
Location: Mississippi
Market: Confidential
Price: $70,000 (terms available)
Status: For Sale

Recently turned silent, this signal covers a good part of a larger market. Although some work is needed on the tower and transmitter, this station can again be the money maker it has been in the not too distant past.

This is a perfect Mom and Pop situation, a starter station or a retirement business. All it needs is some elbow grease and determination and it, too, can make you a nice chunk of change. Terms available with half down to the right person.

There is another station in Alaska that interests me, too. Even one in Hawaii. I really miss radio. Owning my own station is one of the few things that would motivate me to relocate.

The reality is that I am happy in my home and probably will never have that happen. Besides that, my old radio station, WBZB is again for sale right now. That station and its sister station in Durham are both up for sale. If I could get the investors, I would be a happy broadcaster. Even if I was able to buy both and sell off the Durham station, I would be very happy.

No comments: