Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Just plain busy

I know, I know. It has been several days since I posted. I have been extremely busy at work for the past week or two. I also have not found much that I want to write about. To be more accurate, there are some topics worth my writing about, but I just have not felt like digging in to do so. I have been sitting or standing in front of a computer for hours on end each day lately. I just haven't felt like composing any more than I have to this week. I have had my rear end in this same chair in front of this same computer screen all day long with the exception of a few hours to have dinner with my wife and watch TV together for a few hours.

On top of all of that, I am just getting over a head cold. I felt it coming on at the beginning of last week. By Friday, it was full blown. Half of our tech staff has been out sick lately. A lot of people have had colds lately. My mom got one the same say I did, and she is over 700 miles away. I have been covering a lot for one of my coworkers who has been suffering from kidney stones for the past week. Yesterday and today have been much better days for me. I have been able to get in full work days, even working a bunch of overtime.

Subject change.

For those who know my pup, Daisy, you know she is adorable. She has been making progress in her relationship with me. Today she played with me for the first time ever. Teresa put her on the bed this morning and she hopped on top of me for a while, layed on me, and started playing with me. I would touch her paws and she would draw back, I would do it again, and she would do her withdrawl, then nip at me, smile, and play cute. This evening she let me play puppy tug with an old sock. She has never done that with me before, but has with Teresa. She is coming along slowly but surely. But don't let her fool you.

She may be adorable, but she has also been wafting some nasty air biscuits lately. Today, especially. It makes me wonder what we have been feeding the beast.

No comments: