Saturday, February 17, 2007

This guy is a scumbag

Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church do not represent orthodox Christianity. People like this and his congregation are idiots. I fully understand the coming wrath of God. I know what the Bible says about his vengeance. I agree with their stance on God's opposition to homosexuality. However, they take it to the extremes and blame the death of US soldiers in combat on the "don't ask, don't tell" policy in the military.

When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices. This man, however, rejoices in iniquity, contrary to scripture. I, too, cheer on the righteous judgements of God. I do not, however, rejoice in the deaths of soldiers in combat, much less that of the wicked.

Let me reiterate that Fred Phelps and his ilk do NOT represent Christianity any more than Jesse Jackson actually represents the Black race.

Anyone with half a brain and knowledge of God should find this video repulsive.

No comments: