Friday, February 23, 2007

Vote For Troy

I know it is early yet, but I have already been working on the upcoming election at the end of this year. Every odd year is a municipal election, and I have pretty much decided to run for Selma Town Council again this year. I have been strongly encouraged to run again by several prominent people here in town, and I have been really contemplating it. OK, I probably decided that I would after the last election.

Anyway, what it is not too early to contemplate is financing the campaign. As of now, I am starting to take donations for the campaign financing. I have a high yield savings account already set up and I will use every dime received for campaign expenses such as printing yard signs, advertising, and flyers. If there should be no competition and therefore no real need for a campaign, then any money collected will either be returned or it will continue to draw interest for the next campaign.

I have already spent hours putting together a simple web site for my two URLs to hit. vote4troy.com and votefortroy.com will both go to this site.

I welcome your financial support, as well as people who would want to put an election sign in their yard, distribute some flyers or business cards, and maybe even knock on doors and/or work the polls in November.

My contact info is on the side of my blog. Feel free to get involved.

No comments: