Saturday, June 30, 2007

Not only NO, but HELL NO!

This morning, I got an email from the Republican National Committee, as I am sure millions of others did. Here is what it said.
In a few short days, President Bush will celebrate his 61st Birthday. Don't miss out on this opportunity to wish the President a Happy Birthday by signing the RNC's eCard today.

To make this an extra special birthday on July 6, Mrs. Bush will be presenting our President with this birthday wish from supporters like you. To be included in this unique celebration, please click here.

And if you can, I hope you will consider celebrating President Bush's birthday with a gift our entire Party can share. Your secure online donation of $61 (or whatever you can afford) will help keep the RNC's preparations for electing more Republicans in the 2007-2008 election cycle on track.

Of course, with my birthday coming in a few short days, too, I figured that I would not allow this email to go unanswered and my opinion go unexpressed to the RNC. Here was my response.
I am not giving a dime to the GOP until they once again become the party that they were at their founding. The GOP has become a liberal organization devoid of its own founding principles. Once the GOP returns to Constitutional principles, fiscal responsibility, and conservatism, I will consider donating. Until then, I plan on having nothing to so with the party. These reasons are why I left the Republican Party and will remain an independent.

No comments: