Saturday, August 20, 2005

Flyer making and positioning statements

We have been busy thinking of flyers and designing hand outs, business cards, t-shirts, etc. I have decided to try to keep things simple. I have tried different logos, designs, colors, etc. I think that the simpler ones have worked best thus far. I am also working on radio ads in my head. I have a strong radio broadcasting background, so this will be my forte.

One thing that I know from experience is that you can only put so much information on the back of a business card or on the back of a half page flyer. Here are some of the things I have put on a flyer for your reading enjoyment. By the way, I will be putting a lot more opinions and issue oriented discussion here in the VERY near future.

------------------
About me:

- Proven leadership in business and in municipal affairs
- Experience in municipal and state governments
- Common sense, conservative values
- Strong convictions
- Years of experience in public service
- A long time North Carolina resident
- Selma resident by choice
- Media and public relations experience
- A strong desire to serve the community
- Accessible

------------------

That is about all I can fit on the back of a business card. I put those along with the following on my flyer. I would fit more, but I can't make the type but so small if I am going to expect people to be able to read it.

------------------
Part of Troy's vision for leadership in Selma:

- Public service by public servants. Accountability is a MUST for elected representatives and town officials.
- Fiscal responsibility is a key to the town's future.
- Common sense plans for growth. We don't need three dog parks and seven mini parks in a small town, for example.
- Keep our existing parks clean and operational. Effectively use existing facilities before expanding or acquiring new.
- Encourage our existing businesses by co-op ventures.
- Essential town services such as police, fire, water, sewer, and waste handling come FIRST over desired services.
- Root out and eliminate wasteful spending.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of maintaining our own power grid versus private ownership.
- Do everything possible to keep taxes and utilities costs LOW!

No comments: