Thursday, November 30, 2006

OK, so I am taking the time to get this one out of my system

I am so frustrated with people justifying their obvious sin as normal and acceptable in the name of God. Here is an example. Read the comments below the picture after looking at the photo. The condescention in self justification just cheeses me off.

One comment on the photo is correct in saying "covering up the sin on this sign doesn't cover the sin in your heart, if you are indeed gay. While I don't agree with Fred Phelps stand on homosexuality, I do however know that God hates no one but does hate the sin they commit. I know that there is pressure on the church to accept this type of lifestyle, but to do so would reading something into the scripture that just isn't there."

Then some "light in the loafers" abomination says this in response: "read your Bible again very carefully. God loves the sinner and forgives the sin. And speaking as a gay Christian, a loving, monogamous, faithful relationship between two people of the same sex isn't even a sin."

First, there is no such thing as a "gay Christian". That is like saying you are a Caucasian Negro or a giant dwarf. It is an oxymoron of two different antithetical concepts. Next, we are told in the very Bible that this homo admonishes someone to read very carefully the following in Romans chapter 6:

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

That person who claims to be a "gay Christian" says that because he lives in sin in a monogomous relationship with another abominable individual that it is fine with God who condemns the very sin they are performing as a matter of lifestyle. Sorry, but that is just plain absurd and entirely carnal. The continued performance of sin in the claim of justification by the blood of Christ is trampling his blood under your feet.

We are saved and given freedom FROM sin, not freedom TO sin. People who pervert the God I serve just frost my flakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh ztop, Savage! I'm with you with regard to there being no such thing as a "gay Christian." There is this dung I hear heaped by the Evangelical community that, "I'm just a sinner, saved by grace." No, if you are a Christian you WERE a sinner. I may hammer a nail into a board, but that doesn't make me a carpenter. "If any man is in Christ he is a NEW CREATION. Old things are past away and behold ALL things are become new." Which is not to say that I don't sin. I've gone out of the business of majoring on sin and I'm trying to walk circumspectly before the Lord. My life becomes a living sacrifice. I am a worshipper, not a sinner. Besides, Christianity is not about what we do, but what Christ has DONE and who we are in HIM!
There's a famous southern Gospel singer who has admitted that he struggles with being attracted to the same sex, but he hasn't acted on it. Is he a homosexual? No, he's a Christian who is tempted. Since he's never acted on that, he is not, "gay."