Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I just got my N&O questionnaire in the mail

Here are the questions and answers I have provided.

OFFICE FOR WHICH YOU ARE RUNNING: Town Council of Selma

NAME: Troy LaPlante

AGE: 39

OCCUPATION: Technical Services Coordinator for Time Warner Cable Media Sales

EDUCATION: AAS in Fire Protection, New Hampshire Technical College, Laconia, NH

POLITICAL PARTY AND EXPERIENCE: Currently unaffiliated. Ran unsuccessfully for town council last municipal election.

CIVIC ACTIVITIES AND OTHER AFFILIATIONS: I have co-founded several ministry groups and congregations in the past, I serve on the Johnston County Local Emergency Planning Committee, the Selma Planning Board and Board of Adjustment, the Selma Citizen's Advisory Board, and with the Selma Development Partnership.

WHY SHOULD YOU BE ELECTED: For the past several years, I have been the only candidate to make all of my views known to the public. Anyone can read my views in the newspaper and online, so there are no surprises. I have experience working in and around municipal and state government, and thus have perspectives that nobody else running for council has. I am very conservative and believe in personal freedom, personal responsibility, and limited government. I am also the only candidate and would be the only council member from the entire western precinct, which currently has no representation.

CONTACT INFORMATION: email troy@vote4troy.com web site http://www.vote4troy.com telephone 919-975-2210

No comments: