Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Late night

Here it is almost one in the morning. I am sitting in a cable system in Jacksonville working on getting a video server back up and running and trying to stay awake. I am waiting for a software process to run its course and it takes a while for it to happen. I want to try to stay awake for a little while longer, but I may end up logging out of the time clock system and napping for a while before hitting the road when this problem is solved. I dragged along my laptop and found the cable modem, so I have been able to keep connected to work and the internet.

These past four months have been so surreal. I know that I have said that several times, but things keep changing. My life is rather fluid lately. I have had people come and go from my life quite a bit. Out: the wife. Out: 2 cats In: a new friend I made a few weeks ago Out: the same friend after three weeks. There are a few others that I am not at liberty to divulge just yet, but today I did meet someone that wants to change my life radically.

I do miss my friend whom I met just a few weeks ago. That person is an awesome individual and I find him/her amazing. You know who you are. Keep in touch, please.

I am supposed to meet two people tomorrow morning. One to work on his computer for just a few minutes. Memory upgrades are quick and easy. Ten minutes and he will be gone. Another is a friend of mine who wants to get together for lunch. I just realized it is tomorrow morning already. OK, later today, in less than seven hours for the first visit. I don't know how awake I will be, since I won't get home before 4 AM, most likely.

There is a lot of stuff I want to say, but I can't for various reasons. When I am at liberty to share more, I will. Anyway, I have to go shut up the alarm on this one server before it drives me nuts and I will never be able to nap once this problem is solved on another server.

No comments: