Friday, February 22, 2008

John Adams on HBO

While going into the post office last night for the first time in nearly a week, I noticed a poster in the front window that intrigued me. An HBO miniseries on the life of John Adams, produced by Tom Hanks is coming to TV next month. This actually excites me, considering the teaching I have done on the American Revolution, the Declaration of Independence, and The U.S. Constitution. I have the book, "John Adams", by David McCullough, upon which the series is based. If you do not have it, GET HBO and watch. I just may get the DVD set when it comes out, if the series is good enough. At a minimum, I will DVR and record to VHS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the book as a Christmas present for a fellow I hoped would eventually be my Son-in-law. Haven't had a chance yet to read it. He was very appreciative. Sad note, he has taken a job with the public school system in Florida as has his wife and the family member I last spoke to on the subject says he "snapped out of it," referring to his conservative politics. He had graduated Liberty University meeting his young bride there. That was a positive environment for them both, as she gave her heart to Jesus there. SHE was reared as I was within the Washington Beltway; he, in Clayton, NC.
I, too, am excited about the series coming up and want to see it, but I fear the likes of Tom Hanks, who produced the film with the myth of Jesus marrying Mary Magdalene, may do some revisionist history on Adams. The so called "History" channel is famous for this.
But fear not. If this turns out to be the case, you could bury the VHS tape and probably raise some world class tomatoes!