Thursday, November 09, 2017

Troy's fountain pen nib smoothing technique

In this video, I go through the process that I use from start to finish in smoothing out a fountain pen nib. This is the most requested topic that I am asked to cover in a tutorial video. This video does NOT fully encompass issues like tine alignment (though I touch on it), making a pen write wetter or drier in its ink flow. This tutorial is totally for the purpose of demonstrating the technique that I personally use on every nib smoothing job that I perform from start to finish. It should be noted that the technique that I am using assumes that tine alignment has been checked already. It also assumes a fairly new nib that is in good shape, since that is what I am using in this video. I am using a personal pen that has been in my collection for quite a while but was not a smooth writing pen, hence the reason I chose to use it for the video. I take the pen from a scratchy writer with a few skips to be one that writes smoothly.

No comments: