Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thank you, Chief Bowen and our local police department staff

I like Selma Police Chief Bowen. I have met and liked several of the officers in our local police department, as well. That has nothing to do with my views on whether the town should utilize the county 911 dispatch, though. But anyway, that is not why I am writing this entry.

I am writing to pass along my thanks for your recent work that has been reported on WMPM's web site. I am a bit of a Libertarian in my views on drug use, but I also know the crime, the societal ills, and the problems associated with it. I do believe that drug dealers are basically the scum of the earth.

The Selma Police Department has scored a bunch of drug dealer arrests. When Major Bowen became Chief Bowen, I had a twinkle of optimism for the future of our police department. I thought he was a good choice for the new chief. So far, Chief Bowen, you have not disappointed me in your direction of the department. Thank you.

From the WMPM web site:

15 Targeted In Selma Drug Operation - Following a four month undercover operation, Selma Police began rounding up 15 street level drug dealers Tuesday, on 81 charges, in an operation dubbed Say No To Drugs. One of the accused drug dealers was a 15-year-old juvenile. He is charged with 7 felony counts of selling and conspiring to sell cocaine. Thirteen of the suspects are men. Police Chief Charles Bowen said many were repeat offenders. “If you continue to sell drugs expect to be selling to an undercover officer. We’re not going to stop,” Bowen said Tuesday during the operation. One of the suspects, Keenan Jameal Cradick, was charged with selling drugs to a minor.

No comments: