Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'm innocent...really!


It is funny how someone's mistake can cause issues. Fortunately, this one was no big deal. A month or so ago, I ended up traveling to Matthews, NC for a training session. I got a hotel room at a Microtel Inn. I spent one night and checked out. Teresa is doing some cleaning and found the receipt/printout I got upon check out. She just came in here a few minutes ago and asked me if I shared a room with one of my coworkers, who also stayed at the same hotel. I didn't know why the question was posed. Then, she showed me the receipt, which I hadn't paid much attention to when I checked out of the hotel. It showed that there were two adults for the room. I only booked one adult in one room, so I can only assume that someone made a mistake in the checkout process.

It could be a bit of a concern to a woman when she sees evidence showing that her husband had a hotel room for two adults when he is away from home. I can see how someone could get upset over that and question it. I can only chuckle a bit about it right now, though. Gee whiz...the hotel is trying to get me into trouble.

Note to self: If I am ever stupid enough to cheat on my wife at a hotel while on a business trip, read over all receipts carefully and destroy all possibly incriminating evidence.

No comments: