Monday, December 05, 2005

Ouch

I have a history of back injury, unfortunately. I have hurt my back three times over the years. Yesterday, I pulled my back again. Fortunately, it is milder than any of the previous times, but it sure was uncomfortable, nay, painful. All I was doing was raking the leaves in my yard. I had not done much work with the rake before I suddenly felt the pull I am all too familiar with. I had to immediately stop, lock up the shed, and come rest in the house. I took some Aleve (actually, the store brand version) and relaxed. I am still pretty sore this morning and will try to take it easy the rest of the day. I have to drive to the office today, so I will do that and try to go easy. Some "Ben Gay" type stuff last night didn't do much good, but I was able to sleep in the bed instead of having to lay on the couch as in times past when I hurt myself pretty bad. That is a good sign.

The odd thing is that each time that I have pulled my back, it was while doing something less strenuous, faily normal activity. It seems that it is never when I am doing heavy lifting or a lot of activity, but even with those activities I do get back fatigue, just not strains like this.

On another note, I have been upgrading my web site day by day. Just this morning, I added more news feeds and a currency converter tool. Yesterday, I started a weekly restaurant review column. The site is coming along and improving almost daily.

No comments: