Friday, January 06, 2006

The death of Lou Rawls


One of the great singers of the seventies just passed away today. Lou Rawls died at age 72. "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" is a classic tune. I have it burned to CD and keep it in the car. Lou Rawls sold more than 40 million albums and won three Grammy Awards. He was most recently known for his celebrity endorsement of Colonial Penn life insurance. We play those adds on cable TV a lot. He had a distinct voice and style.

One thing that was always funny to me is that I have a close friend who looks A LOT like Lou Rawls. He even sings a little like him. For years, friends of his have compared him to and joked with him about being Lou Rawls. I even set his computer up to go to Lou Rawls' web site as a home page. My old buddy, Cedric is our own Lou, live and in person. Here is a picture of Lou, I mean Cedric, with his wife, Annie.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Sounds like a great man, I'll have to check out his music.