Saturday, January 07, 2006

Scammers must be able to find enough greedy and gullible idiots to keep at it

I guess some can always count on good old fashioned American greed. As with many others, I get scammers emailing me from out of the country trying to play on greed. If I really have an inheritance, I wouldn't be getting an email notification. If I really won a foreign lottery (kind of hard to win a British lottery, since I haven't been there since 1989). And I doubt that I can help some oppressed Christian deposed leader in Africa get their money out of Africa. It must work on some gullible people, however. Here is the latest one I got. They even personalized the name in the email. They are getting more and more clever.

-----------------

FROM BARRISTER BELLO UMAR BELLOUMAR CHAMBERS LOME TOGO LOME TOGO WEST AFRICA. TEL 00 228 90907020 Attention:Laplante I have decided to contact you due to the urgency of this matter.Let me start by introducing myself properly to you.I am BARRISTER BELLO UMAR the Attorney to your late uncle Engr.I.E.Laplante (Snr) a contractor with the Federal Government of lome-togo,until his death last two years ago in political crisis in Abidjan capital of Cote d'Ivoire,He deposited funds with Global Financial Trust Securities,lome-togo and had a closing balance as at the end of September, 2003 worth US$10,000,000.00(Ten Million United States Dollars). The financial firm now expects the Next of Kin to come forward as Beneficiary.Efforts has been made by the Global Financial Trust Securities of lome-togo to get in touch with any of the Deceased Family Relatives,but they have met with no success. As the deceased being a foreigner,that was why I decided to contact you so that you can put claim on this fund as you bear the same last name with him.Now the management under the influence of the bank Chairman and Members of the Board of directors, that arrangement has been made for the fund to be declared Unclaimed In order to avert this negative development, it is my duty to contact you so that you can stand as the next of kin to his properties.All documents and proof to enable you get this fund will be carefully worked out by me for this claim.I have secured from the probate an order of Mandamus to locate any of the deceased beneficiaries,and more so I am assuring you that this claim is 100% risk free. Now it is left for you to deceide on what you will give me as my percentage for assisting you in this claim.I hope to hear from you soon . I want to let you know that this trasaction have to be done legitimately and confidential as i dont want any one to know that you are not the right applicant. REPLY BY EMAIL. Yours Sincerely, BARRISTER BELLO UMAR ESQ

No comments: