Friday, June 15, 2007

That hate mail continues

I am still getting hate mail about my stance on the Selma Fire Department. I have also gotten a lot of agreement phone calls and personal contact from people in this town. It is funny that some who disagree are getting nasty, making personal attacks, and of course, think I'm just plain ignorant. Those who have stood on the side of the town manager and mayor have not been getting insulting and mean. However, I have seen threats, insults, accusations, and immaturity on the part of those who allegedly support the fire department in this situation.

Let me make on thing plain and easy to understand. I DO support the fire department and its personnel 100%. I do NOT support their actions nor their position in this debate. Change is coming whether they like it or not. Personally, I believe that they should embrace it, since if done right (and if I have anything to say about it, it will be), things will actually be better for them.

What I have little tolerance for is when some immature critic makes stuff up that I have allegedly said and tries to hold it against me in an argument. When I have simply said "show me where I have said that", no evidence can be produced. Hello...my blog is open for the entire public to read. Anyone with an internet connection can read this. Some bonehead has thrice insisted that I have made comments that I have not and then proceeded to make personal attacks.

These are shameful tactics usually employed by those who have no substance to their position. That is why Democrats to it often, by the way.

No comments: