Friday, April 07, 2006

Lottery musings

I am no huge fan of the lottery, but I don't mind it so much, either. I don't have a problem with people gambling, drinking, or smoking, etc. It is between them and God. I know my limitations and freedom in Christ and abide as such. I am used to the concept of living in a state that has a lottery. For years, I would buy a lottery ticket on a trip to New England, where I lived in the state with the first in the nation lottery. So no big deal to me. I have also been known to have a cold beer once in a while. Not often or in excess in any way. That is my freedom in Christ rather than some legalistic dogma that many Christians peddle. Will I eventually throw a couple of bucks at the lottery? Probably. Will I spend heap big money on hopes of instant wealth? No way. If I go to Vegas or Atlantic City, would I throw some coinage in slot machines? Probably a few. So what?


PLEASE don't tell me that the N.C. Lottery is an "education lottery". I am so very tired of hearing about things "for the children" I could puke. It is a corrupt system passed by corrupt individuals who are personally profitting from its passage. I am equally amused by the people who protest vehemently, though I do believe that they have more validity than those who slyly passed the state's lottery.

I found the picture of a protester (above) and laughed. I thought someone else might enjoy it, as well.

No comments: