Friday, April 28, 2006

Tell the ACLU to "go pound sand"

Here is part of an article that I just read in "The Heresy".

Clayton won't fight ACLU

By MONICA CHEN, STAFF REPORTER

Clayton -- As Chatham County commissioners fume and the Raleigh City Council gets ready for a fight, Clayton leaders are planning to lay a minor dispute to rest.

In a letter to Mayor Jody McLeod on April 11, the American Civil Liberties Union urged McLeod and other Clayton leaders to stop using the name of Jesus Christ in meeting invocations. The ACLU also sent similar letters to Raleigh, Pittsboro and Chatham County officials.

On Thursday, McLeod said the town was drafting a reply in which it would pledge to abide by the ACLU's request.

----------

That is sufficient to get the point across of where the article is headed and for you to get the information necessary to comprehend the matter.

If I was mayor, I do believe that I would have an answer for the ACLU. It would go something like this:

Dear ACLU (to whomever it needs to be addressed)

I am in receipt of your letter dated April 11, 2006 urging myself and other town leaders to stop using the name of Jesus Christ in meeting invocations. My response is simply

Sincerely,

Troy LaPlante
Mayor of (insert town here)

No comments: